Saturday, August 25, 2007

51 Via Marghutta





We were walking home from a walk to the Trevi fountain when we saw a plain street sign pointing to a small side street. It said "via Marghutta." Erina and I stopped and tried to remember why this sounded familiar. Did I see it on my map while planning a route to get to the Trevi? Did someone say I could find a good restaurant on this road? No, it must have been something else. Wait! I remember! Gregory Peck lives here in Roman Holiday. We have to find number 51, his apartment building. When we watched the movie, it felt like Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn were following us. They visited every place we had already seen. They went to the Spanish steps, the Trevi fountain. Today, we decided to step into the old Hollywood version of Rome. We took pictures outside the building, striking our best Audrey Hepburn pose, then left to continue our own roman holiday.

No comments: